• Implement recruitment procedures, working with recruitment agencies.
• Provide accurate and timely information and registration relating to planning and planning issues to the Operations Department, applicable business partners and crew members.
• Manage administrative matters including flights, accommodation and visa arrangements.
• Ensure certification and experience of crew meets legal requirements.
• Create and maintain personal records and update all certificates.
• Liaise with ships’ agent with regard to all crew requirements such as transfers or medical needs.
Crewing Managers are generally required to hold a Bachelors Degree in Maritime Operations/ Ship Management, Business Administration, Business Economics or Human Resource Management. Being an ex-seafarer would be an advantage and knowledge of the STCW Convention as well as the Marine Labour Convention would be essential.
Experienced Crewing Managers may find opportunities for advancement within ship owning or ship management companies.